Alzheimer’s disease affects over 5 million people of all ages in the United States. Here at the Center on Aging and Health we strive to understand this devastating disease and the challenges that go with it. We provide specialized training to our staff in the care of Alzheimer’s and related diseases. Our unit has 18 private rooms and is the only unit in Northeast Tennessee specifically designed for Alzheimer’s care. If you would like more information please contact our admissions department at 423-743-7669.
WARNING SIGNS OF ALZHEIMER’S
- Memory loss that disrupts daily life
- Challenges in planning or solving problems
- Difficulty completing familiar tasks at home, or at work
- Confusion about time or place
- Trouble understanding visual images and spatial relationships
- New problems with words in speaking or writing
- Misplacing things and losing the ability to retrace steps
- Decreased or poor judgment
- Withdrawal from work or social activities
- Changes in mood and personality, such as increased suspicion, rapid and persistent mood swings, withdrawal and disinterest in usual activities
If you would like more information about Alzheimer’s disease please visit the Alzheimer’s Foundation of America or the Alzheimer’s Association websites.